Stepping Up

8:31 PM

Ok, I feel like I have good ideas and good intentions like most people, but I feel as though I am not living up to my potential. But why? That Marianne Williamson quote comes to mind:

Williamson quote

That is definitely the case for me. I've been meeting with people all summer talking about grad school, nonprofits, working in Cleveland, etc. My mentor/boss-person gave me the contact info for a guy in E.C. and I've been saying I want to work there, so why haven't I called or emailed him? Honestly, I'm a little scared. Its the difference between saying you want to make a change or have an impact and actually doing it. Going from talking about it to being about it is creeping me out a little. I guess adulthood begins now, that and the rest of my life.

Do you need to step up, too? Tell Melissa all about it...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Melissa's Reading List

  • Women Don't Ask - Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
  • The Tipping Point
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You - John C. Maxwell