Woo Hoo! First Donation

8:27 AM

As many of you know, I have been chosen to participate in the "Microfinance in Bangladesh" Program with
Case Western Reserve University ,
Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
and the Independent University of Bangladesh .

Not only will I learn about microfinance and visit a number of NGO's (non-governmental organizations) but I will meet Nobel Prize Winner and creator of the world changing Grameen Bank, Mohammad Yunus! I am ecstatic!


See our travel website SIU Bangladesh trip

To make things BETTER, I received My First Donation today with the help of the Chip-In widget on the right side of this blog!
Thank you so much Troy from Wisconsin
. Your money and kind words help more than you know! :-)

Here's the thing, the trip costs
$3900 incl. airfare, food, seminars, fieldwork in 5 villages and study materials
$3132 3 credit hours

$7032 by Dec. 1st


So the 20 bucks seems small in comparison but thats $20 less that I have to cough up.

In the meantime I may need to stop volunteering at the Free Clinic and pick up a part-time job but we'll see. Thanks so much for your support!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Melissa's Reading List

  • Women Don't Ask - Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
  • The Tipping Point
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You - John C. Maxwell