Back by Popular Demand

7:55 PM

I've been off the radar and not really moving forward for a little while.  I remind myself of sea kelp ebbing and flowing at the whims of the flowing tide.  Well, I've had enough of that.  About 2 years ago, I ran into a few books on the idea of a "Quarterlife Crisis" and a few of my friends mentioned the anxiety the felt as we approached and experienced our mid 20's.  Looking back and across I see that this angst was both real and unaddressed by me.  I can't say it is the only reason but part of a series of events that led me to a different space in my life.  I'm ready to get back onto the main road knowing that it won't be smoothly paved but I once had, and will again have, a clearer idea of what I want to do and where I'd like to be.  My idea is if you're not actively walking toward your dream, you're actually moving backwards because time continues to tick and the world around you keeps moving.  Sometimes you take a momentary pit stop - stop to re-fuel and check your map to make sure you know where you're going.  Now that I've done that, I'm ready to move full speed ahead. Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have a few epiphanies, anecdotes and unplanned stops along the way. :-)

Songs for the road:
One Mic (started playing in my head just now)
This is your life - Out of Eden

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Melissa's Reading List

  • Women Don't Ask - Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
  • The Tipping Point
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You - John C. Maxwell