Mortality

9:31 PM

Events as of late have been reminding me of my own mortality. More and more I am becoming aware of that dash. You know the one. The dash between your birth year and your death year. Its become ever-present and intrusive like the blinking cursor on my computer screen.

The words repeat as the cursor blinks. Life. Is. So. Short.

This wake up call is both a blessing and a curse. It keeps me on task and working toward some great achievement yet it saddens me to think the end is nearer each day. Use the time you have wisely; love hard, laugh often, hate never.

The mission, should you choose to accept it, is to leave this world better in some way because you have lived. If you succeed at that, your dash has had meaning.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Melissa's Reading List

  • Women Don't Ask - Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
  • The Tipping Point
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You - John C. Maxwell