Priorities

12:20 PM


I really needed to take care of a few personal things but my work kept getting in the way.  I needed to follow up with my doctor who rarely has openings but I had two meetings I felt I couldn't miss.

My husband often admonishes me for putting other folks' needs ahead of mine. So, I decided to make my appointment and let the chips fall where they may.  And wouldn't you know, the meeting that was in my way was rescheduled out of the blue without me saying anything.  Simple yet an important reminder for me.

Then I remembered the Paulo Coelho quote from The Alchemist and I couldn't agree more.


And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

I'm making a shift to prioritize myself, the growth of my business and the people who make me happy - and the universe is conspiring with me.  2016 is underway and it is going to be divine.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Melissa's Reading List

  • Women Don't Ask - Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
  • The Tipping Point
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You - John C. Maxwell