Weds. July 22

9:08 AM

21 Days down!! Camp is more than half over and I am very enthused.  Its been a good summer, but I am ready for it to be over.  I went from having no children to being responsible for 20-30 kids ages 9 - 12.  Its definitely been a growing experience.  I'll come back and share some lessons from my summer.  


So far, be flexible but firm.  I saw some of the staff getting too friendly with the kids and those industrious munchkins use that to their advantage.  I had to often remind myself this is a summer camp and it should be fun but sticking to a schedule and developing routines (even if they came late) helped tremendously to minimize confusion.

Well, back to work. I'll continue to chronicle this adventure as I count down the next 13 days of camp. :-) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Melissa's Reading List

  • Women Don't Ask - Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
  • The Tipping Point
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You - John C. Maxwell