Cleveland Ideas

8:46 AM

OMG! I was born to make a website like this! http://www.clevelandideas.com/

Its all about ideas to improve Cleveland. People suggest ideas and anyone, after registering, can join in.  Its an online brainstroming session creating great ideas.  I should make one about DC ideas or youth or something about which I care!
  
Several times I've said "If I could, I would be a professional problem solver."  Not like a consultant per se, but I would randomly offer my insight on problems and people would listen. Ok, maybe a consultant but not in a specific area like corporate bank mergers in North America but in something general, like life. 

My ideas so far...
  • The idea for the metro cars with fewer seats? Nope.
  • Putting more water fountains in schools? No-brainer.
  • University staff who need to contact people? Mandatory email skills and yes, I would check during the interview, you'd send an email. Or maybe a follow-up test. I love 200 year old ladies as much as the next kid but NO more typewriters!
  • Help people recycle - Reminders outside the grocery store telling people to bring their own bags. I know once I'm in the checkout line I don't want to go all the way back to my trunk for my bags and I'm certainly not buying new ones. As a result, another tree bites the dust.

And the list goes on...

What ideas would you post on a huge brainstorming list?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Melissa's Reading List

  • Women Don't Ask - Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
  • The Tipping Point
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You - John C. Maxwell