Time's Up

10:46 AM


We're constantly counting and waiting. Until your turn in line, until the workday ends, until the weekend arrives. Waiting for that next love, next job, next vacation. I feel like I've spent my life sleeping and waiting but I realized this morning, my time is up. My cosmic countdown has ended.

Every year, I miss something.  Historical sites disappear from the Earth. The last animal of its kind slips into extinction. The sun rises and sets faithfully each day but I usually miss it while I'm waiting for, or worrying about, something else.

So, I'm done waiting.

I have no idea what tomorrow holds for love, life, friends, family, my career, and that's ok. I've just decided to move on anyway. The countdown is over. Time's up.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Followers

Melissa's Reading List

  • Women Don't Ask - Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
  • The Tipping Point
  • The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You - John C. Maxwell